Playing Video Games Benefits and Positive Influences
Today we are talking about, playing video games benefits and positive influential effects. Video games can be a motivational input for your love of creative experiences in computer technology, design, and unique ideas. Perhaps even making their own game studio to follow a passion. Video game design and programming is an art that is remarkable because everything is possible. However what are the benefits that playing videos games can offer you as an individual.
First off, lets start with a huge misconception about video games. Many times video games are given a bad rep. Often video games are referred to by parents as a waste of time, and worse, some education experts think that these games damage the brain. We found this page on the Washington Post, “Playing video games is good for your brain.” Many scientists and psychologists found that video games can actually have many benefits. However everything in moderation. Playing video games for hours on end would be bad. Moderation is key. Similar to if you played the piano. Jumping right in and playing 6 hours a day could have adverse effects on you.
Playing video games alter the physical structure of the brain the same way as learning to read, play the piano, or navigate using a map. Here is a list of just some of the good influences playing video games can have, according to the researchers and child experts:
Playing Video Games Benefits
In many video games, the skills needed to win involves abstract thinking and high level of thought process. These skills are not even taught in schools.
- Problem solving and logic – When kids play puzzle solving video games, they train their brains to come up with creative ways to solve puzzles and other problems in short bursts.
- Planning, resource management and logistics – Players learn to manage limited resources, and decide the best use of resources, in the same way as in real life. These skills are honed in when playing strategy games.
- Multitasking, simultaneous tracking of many variables shifts and manage multiple objectives – In a strategy video game, for example, while developing the city, an unexpected surprise as the enemy might appear. This forces the player to be flexible and quick to change tactics.
- Thinking quickly, quickly analysis the situation and react with decisions – Sometimes players do this almost every second of the gaming, taking the brain for a real workout. Studies have shown that playing action video games primes the brain to make quick decisions. The video games might be used for tanning soldiers and surgeons, according to some studies.
- Accuracy – Action video games, according to a study by the University of Rochester, brain trainedthe players to make decisions more quickly without loss of accuracy. In today’s world, it is important to move quickly without sacrificing accuracy.
- Concentration – It is seen that children with attention deficit disorder who play DanceRevolution™ improve their reading scores, helping them to concentrate.
- Taking risks – Winning at any video game involves the player’s courage to take risks. Most games do not reward players who play it safe, it also shows that when you make the wrong decisions their are consequences.
- Awesome to play games with friends and family – A video game can bridge relationships between two unknown friends. Because when they start playing they will share their personal experience and as a result they can become friends in future.
Either way you cut it, video games are a form of entertainment. It is for fun, and taking ourselves away from the real world. Whether we are stuck somewhere and trying to kill some time, or lounging at home. Just do not forget that the real world is here, journey outside with your friends.