Derecho Studios makes great games that offer fun, and starve away boredom entertainment experiences for everyone to enjoy. We at Derecho Studios respect the privacy of everyone who uses our games and apps that are made available via the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, on Amazon Kindle, and other third party vendors as well as accessing our website (inside this document reffered to as “Services”), to see where our games are currently avaiable please check our website at www.Derecho Studio.com/games. In this document we refer to Derecho Studio.com as “Derecho Studios” “us”, “we” or “our” and we refer to you as “you” and “your”.
2. A Little About us
We are a company called Derecho Studios. We are registered in Canada. With our office residing in Toronto, Ontario.
3. What Do We Collect and Why
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms when accessing and/or using our Services, or when you create an account with us;
- details of your use of our Services and the resources that you access (for example, information about how, where, and when you play our Games or visit our Website, what device you use to access our Services;
- if you contact us, or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may choose keep a record of that correspondence;
- your interactions with us on our social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus;
- we may obtain information about you from third parties who hold data about you and who agree to share this data with us;
- information we collect via cookies and other similar technologies, as explained further below.
Cookies & Advertising
- to allow us to recognize you and your device, for example to identifying your IP address;
- to allow our Services to interact with a third party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such an interaction);
- to allow our payment processors to process your payment instructions;
- to enable us and third parties to provide you with more customized services, for example to provide our services in the correct language or to enable the provision of more relevant advertising to you; and
- to collect data such as: your device’s model, operating system and screen size, the other applications installed on your device, and information about how you use our Services.
Advertisers on mobile and computer devices sometimes use advertising (or ad) identifiers to enable and optimise their advertising. Ad identifiers are non-permanent, non-personal, device identifiers such as the Android advertising ID and/or Apple’s ID for advertising, or IDFA. When we advertise our Services on mobile devices, we may use your device’s advertising identifier and other information associated with it, to help us deliver ads that relate to your interests and to improve and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
When you purchase items via our apps (similar to purchase made in the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, or via Amazon Kindle) we do not collect or store any payment information from you. The payment process is handled by the provider of our services.
4. How will we use your Personal Information?
You agree that we (or the marketing company acting on our behalf and only under our instructions) may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- contacting you, for example as part of our customer support or to send you updates about our Services;
- managing your account and improving your personal experience when you use our Services;
- improving our Services, for example by helping us fix bugs or by providing Services updates;
- research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
- marketing and promotion of our Services or related products, for example sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party’s behalf. For example, we might send you information about merchandise or similar Services relating to our Services If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com. You can opt out of receiving marketing and advertising emails at any time.
- to personalise and optimise our Services, promotional content and advertising to you;
- preventing cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime prevention;
5. Will we share your Personal Information with any third parties?
We will only share your data with third parties:
- where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we must provide your Personal Information to our payment processors);
- where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
- when you submit information as part of a competition or otherwise interact with our social media channels (for example, by providing a testimonial about one of our Services) we may publish the information you submitted, alongside your name and home country on our website(s) and social media channels;
- as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation;
- in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Derecho Studios, our users, or others;
6. How we Interact with social networks and platforms
You may allow our Services to interact with third party social networks or platforms (such as Facebook, Google Play Store/Google Plus, or Apple’s Game Center), which will provide data about you to us. These applications or websites are created and maintained by a third party which are not a part of, or controlled by Derecho Studios. You should ensure that you read their terms of service and privacy policies to understand how they treat your data and what data they might share with us.
You understand that where you allow our Services to interact with any third party social network or platform, we may share data about you with your contacts and other users of our Services (and vice versa) in order that you may enjoy playing socially (the “Social Data”). This Social Data may include your name, your social media profile picture, your activity status (including the time and date you last used our Services) and your scores and/or progress in our games.
You can make changes to what data a third party social network or platform shares with us, or stop our Services interacting with that social network or platform by adjusting your settings with that third party provider, however this will disable some features of our Services.
Derecho Studios Profile
Users of our Services may be automatically assigned an identifying profile which is visible to other users of our Services, some of whom may be visible to you on the progression map, leaderboards or similar features in our Games. Your profile may include the Social Data described above, game achievements or other game play information and details of which other Derecho Studios account holders have viewed your profile. Information you store on your social media will effect what information we will share, most times user name or names from your social media list will be included.
7. How long does your information hang around with us?
8. Your information, how do we keep it safe?
The security of your Personal Information collected is extremely important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the data in our possession.
However, since the internet is not a completely secure environment we cannot guarantee that information you transmit via our Games will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
9. Links from our Services
10. You Control Your Personal Information
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – a small service fee may be applicable.
- We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to modify, correct or remove information by contacting us at the email address above.
- Information that you have shared via our Services on any social network (Facebook, Google Plus, or Twitter) or third party platform cannot be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of that social network or third party platform. In addition, where any third party copies information which you have made available via the use of our Services, we may not be able to amend or delete it because it may not be in our control.
- You have the right to ask us not to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com to be removed from our email list.
11. Need to Reach Us
To find out more about how your Personal Information will be used please contact us by email at the address above.
12. Complaints and Dispute Resolution
13. Legal matters